The Radical Education Department (RED) is an autonomous collective dedicated to the construction of a radical internationalist Left through the training and federation of its cultural warriors. It originally grew out of the activities of Nova Resistance, and its founding members include AB, ED, RD, ECG, SN, GR, JPS & RS. PG, KS, IKB & others have since joined our ranks.
The full scope of RED’s initial project is outlined here in the “RED Alert Manifesto.” Our primary activities at this point include:
- Direct action education, which means two things: i) direct action as education, i.e. experiments in disruptive interventions on campus and off that pour sand into the well-oiled gears of systemic oppression, while simultaneously generating zones of radical equality and freedom ii) education regarding the deep history of direct action and its transformative power.
- The constitution of a network of invested cultural warriors and educators, who share the conviction that antifa resistance needs to be accompanied by the positive project of forging new practices of radical education for collective world transformation.
- The development of tactics of guerrilla education, which brings radical pedagogical practice to areas where it might be least expected, ranging from corporate universities to the streets of consumerism.
- The establishment of a collectively resourced, anti-capitalist research collaborative as a counter-weight to all of the corporate-funded, reactionary ‘think-tanks’ and their academico-military extensions.
- The injection of a hardy dose of hard left ideas into the ‘public sphere’ by working as public intellectuals, artists and writers.
- The centralization of resources and the development of strategies for fellow travelers around the world.
We welcome collaborators and initiatives. Click here to contact us. If you are interested in getting involved and/or staying up on our activities, please follow this blog, follow us here on Twitter, and like us here on FB. Stay tuned for further updates!